Now I must warn you that Mekinley and Sierra have two very different approaches to the game. While both are good, they couldn't be more different. Sierra is out for blood. She is hilarious! Her first game she scored four goals. She is all over the place and super aggressive. Do not get in her way. We've actually had to talk to her about toning it down a little bit. I, of course, love it and cheer her on. Rob, on the other hand, is a little embarrassed and always apologetic to the other parents. Her last game there was a good girl on the other team. She was a lot taller than Sierra and gave Sierra a run for her money. Sierra would not have it. She took this girl on, literally. Most of the time Sierra didn't even know where the ball was because she was so focused on not letting this girl score. And she didn't. Sierra, however, did get by the girl once and scored. Rob and I were laughing so hard. It was so funny to watch!
Mekinley, on the other hand, is much more mellow. She doesn't like to fight for it. When she has the ball in the clear, she runs and dribbles fantastically. She's just more worried about hurting someone's feelings or getting her feelings hurt. She is a great player, don't get me wrong, she just has a different approach to the game. This year she's advanced beyond "bunch ball" where they are playing a full field and actually playing positions. She likes this much better.
Now when Myles starts playing....ah!!
3 comments:
I love soccer! It's so funny! Yay for Sierra for doing so well!
Too funny! I would love to watch Sierra. I bet she is a hoot!
Jeannie, I love your blog, but really it's time to updat it. :) OR at least lets get together in person so I don't forget what you all look like. ;) wink.
Post a Comment